Tomahawk Scout Reservation, operated by the BSA Northern Star Council of Minnesota, is located in the center of the “fish hook” on Long Lake. Encompassing 3,000 acres and 12 miles of shoreline, Tomahawk is home to the council’s summer Boy Scout and Webelos resident camps as well as the Snow Base Winter Camp. The Camp hosts LLPA’s annual meetings, and its Director is an ex officio (automatic) member of the LLPA Board of Directors.
A collaborative agreement between LLPA and Hunt Hill Audubon Sanctuary and Nature Center involves Hunt Hill as our partner in watershed education, hosting our Cakes at the Lake programs and serving as the site of most Board of Directors’ meetings. LLPA also rents storage space there.
Partners List and Links
- Hunt Hill – http://hunthill.org/
- Long Lake Chamber – https://longlakewisconsin.org/
- Red Cedar Lakes Association – http://www.redcedarlakes.com/
- Slim Lake Association
- Tomahawk Scout Camp – http://www.camptomahawk.org/
- Walleyes for Tomorrow – http://www.walleyesfortomorrow.org/
- Washburn Cty Extension – http://washburn.uwex.edu/
- Washburn County Land & Water Conservation Department – http://www.co.washburn.wi.us/departments/land-water-conservation
- WCLRA / Washburn County Lakes and Rivers – http://www.wclra.org/
- WI DNR –http://dnr.wi.gov/
- Wisconsin Assoc. of Lakes – http://www.wisconsinlakes.org/